- Top humanitarian official calls for “more, sustained attention” to crisis in Katanga
- WFP Ebola Emergency Preparedness and Response Update #5
- Operation Likofi: Police Killings and Enforced Disappearances in Kinshasa EN / FR
Appeals & Funding
- Plan de Réponse Stratégique pour la République démocratique du Congo 2014
- Central African Republic Revised Regional Response Plan January - December 2014
- DRC Pooled Fund
February 13, 2012
The President’s FY 2013 Budget for the Department of State and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) strengthens U.S. national security, advances America’s economic interests, and elevates America’s global leadership through diplomacy and development. It supports U.S. businesses, protects Americans at home and abroad, and stops the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. It supports our allies and partners, prevents conflict, promotes democracy, and reflects our core values.
DRC: SUPPORTING GIRLS EDUCATION
Growing up without a parent, living in a single-headed household, displaced by war, physical disabilities and poverty are all factors preventing young girls in the Democratic Republic of Congo from receiving a good education. But through UMCOR's Girls' Scholarship Program, more than 2,000 girls have a chance for a brighter future.
UMCOR is providing tuition, school fees, uniforms, school supplies and materials to help them achieve the best education possible.