- OCHA : Complex Emergency in the Kasai region DR Congo Situation Report No. 8 (22 June 2017)[EN]/[FR]
- OCHA: Haut-Katanga, Haut-Lomami et Lualaba : Note d’informations humanitaires du 23 juin 2017
- UNICEF DRC Kasai Humanitarian Update No. 3, 15 April to 31 May 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Appel Éclair: Plan de Réponse D’urgence Avril 2017
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
Malanje - At least one hundred and three foreign nationals sought refuge in northern Malanje province and 138 others sought asylum, said the provincial director of the Migration and Foreigners Service (SME), Laureano Dias dos Santos.
The total of 241 citizens from different countries namely Mauritania, Sudan, Guinea Conakry, Eritrea, Sierra Leone, Cotê d'Ivoire, Chad, Somalia and Liberia.
According to Laureano Dias dos Santos, these citizens are under control of SME in the municipalities of Malanje, Cacuso, Calandula, Quirima, Mucari and Luquembo.
Overview: This document presents Asylum Seekers population statistics of Congolese recently pre-registred in the provincial capital of Dundo and surroundings in Lunda Norte Province. The complex emergency in Kasai Central Province in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) began with the violent uprising of a local militia (Kamuina Nsapu) in August 2016. Since then the crisis has spread to provinces of Kasai, Eastern Kasai and Lomami.
Dundo - The Minister of Social Welfare and Reintegration, Gonçalves Manuel Muandumba, assured Wednesday in Dundo, Lunda Norte province, of the support for humanitarian assistance and safety of refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in Angola, aimed at their social well-being.
Mbanza Congo - At least 352 Angolans and foreigners have entered Angola in the last seven days across the northern Zaire province posts at the border with the central region of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The information was released Wednesday by the spokesperson for the Migration and Foreigner Service (SME), superintendent Domingos Sebastião.
The official, who was assessing the activities carried out by the SME in the last seven days, added that in comparison with the previous week, there was an increase of 127 immigration cases.
Luanda - At least 15,000 new refugees from Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) have fled to Angola due to the situation of conflict in their country, but without causing any instability.
The information was released Friday by Angolan minister of Foreign Affairs, Georges Rebelo Chikoti.
Georges Chikoti said so to the press at the end of an audience the Vice President, Manuel Domingos Vicente, granted to the special envoy of the UN Secretary-General for the Great Lakes Region, Said Kjinnt.
Speaking to the press at the end of the visit to Mussungue shelter centre, the commander of the Angolan ground forces, general Sá Miranda, reiterated the country’s responsibility under the United Nations 435 resolution, which defends the protection of refugees that come from countries wrapped in conflicts.
However, the military high-ranking officer stressed both countries’ joint efforts also based on friendship ties, so as to ease the conditions in the shelter centres, which are continuously receiving Congolese citizens.
Mbanza Congo - Migration and Foreigners Department (SME) in northern Zaire province has recorded 800 movements in the last seven days in different border check points with the neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The SME spokesman, Domingos Sebastião, said this, adding that there was a decrease of 40 cases in relation to the previous week.
He mentioned 280 national and foreign citizens as having entered legally the national territory through the border check points of Luvo, in the municipality of Mbanza Congo.
Saurimo - Angolan Families, returned from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Zambia, received on Sunday, miscellaneous goods from the National Diamond Company (Endiama), as part of celebrations of the 14th anniversary of peace and national reconciliation.
Among the delivered goods, it includes rice, cooking oil, salt, beans, soft drinks, dried fish, maize flour, soap, juice and materials for the practice of agriculture, among others.
Geneva - The Angolan Social Welfare minister, João Baptista Kussumua, said Monday in Geneva (Switzerland) that 523.318 Angolan citizens have voluntarily returned home, as part of the refugee repatriation process.
The minister was addressing the 66th session of the Executive Committee of the High Commissioner of Refugees (HCR) that opened Monday in Geneva.
João Kussumua stressed that the figure is the result of an assessment for the period from July 2003 to September 2015.
Mbanza Congo - The voluntary and organized repatriation process of former Angolan refugees in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), at the level of Zaire province, recorded since last Saturday an interruption, reported, Monday, in Mbanza Congo, a source of the Provincial Directorate of Social Welfare.
According to the provincial director of assistance and social reintegration, Manuel José António, the halt of the repatriation process is due to organizational issues by the government of the DRC authorities.
Luanda - At least 15,524 Angolan refugees from Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) have returned between last 20 June and 23 April this year, said Thursday the Minister of Social Welfare.
João Baptista Kussumua was speaking at the end of the 4th session of the Commission for Social Policy of Cabinet Council.
The meeting addressed, among others, the partial report on the ongoing Voluntary Repatriation Operation Process and Organisation of Former Angolan Refugees in the DRC.
Mbanza Congo - The second phase of the voluntary and organized repatriation of the Angolan former refugees in DR Congo was resumed on Thursday in the northern Zaire province, with arrival of the ninth train with 185 people, whose process started on 10 November 2014 at the region.
This was said to Angop on Saturday by the Provincial Director for Assistance and Social Reinsertion in Zaire, Manuel José António.
Mbanza Congo - The second phase of voluntary and organised repatriation process of the Angolan refugees from Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) started Wednesday.
The fact was revealed by the provincial director of Social Welfare in northern Zaire province, Manuel José António.
Speaking to Angop, Manuel António said that about 300 people would return home Wednesday, from the border commune of Luvo, 60 km north of Mbanza Congo, the capital of Zaire province.
Luanda - A tripartite accord involving Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo and Zambia was signed recently to enable the return or legalisation of Angolan refugees resident in the above mentioned neighbouring countries.
The information was released on Thursday in Luanda by the Angolan Foreign minister, Georges Chikoti.
The minister was speaking to MPs during a session of the National Assembly (Parliament) on the State Budget for 2015, stressing the existence of three classes of citizens in those countries. They are refugee, resident and illegal.
Mbanza Congo - At least 220 Angolan former refugees in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) returned Monday to the country under the voluntary organized repatriation process underway in the country.
A group of 54 families, Angolan citizens from the Lower Congo Democratic region returned to Angola through the land border of Luvo and are camped in the shelter in Kinzau, 15 kilometers north off city of Mbanza Congo.
Uige - At least 505 former Angolan refugees in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) returned home on Tuesday through the Kimbata border post in Maquela do Zombo municipality, some 310 kilometres north of Uige city.
This is part of the programme of repatriation going on since August this year.
The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) official, Bernardo Pacavira, told Angop that of the 526 who were expected to return to Angola on the 11th convoy of DRC returnees, 17 were denied due to questionable documentation, while four just missed.
Luanda - The minister of Social Welfare, João Baptista Kussumua, Tuesday in Luanda said that from nearly 29,000 Angolan refugees in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) with intention to return to Angola, 4,222 are already in the country.
The Cabinet minister made this statement to the press at the end of the 7th Ordinary Session of the Commission on Social Policy of the Council of Ministers, which presented the report-opinion on the latest developments of the operation of voluntary repatriation of former Angolan refugees who are still in DRC.
Luau - Technical, logistical, accommodation and human conditions have been put in place in eastern Moxico province to receive more than eight thousand ex-refugees returning from the neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The information was released by a source from the Ministry of Social Welfare in Moxico, stating that the operation is part of the organised and volunteer repatriation of Angolan refugees going until December this year.
Lubango - At least 177 former refugee families from neighbouring Namibia, Zambia and DRC have been resettled over the last 16 months in their areas of origin, announced the provincial Department of Social Welfare (Minars) in southern Huila province.
The process is part of the ongoing reintegration programme of the former refugees.
Of the above number, 94 families were resettled in Lubango, Matala (21), Chipindo (15), Jamba (11), Caconda (10), Caluquembe (10), Kuvango (8), Quipungo (3), Chicomba (2),
and one in Humpata.