- OCHA Haut-Katanga, Haut-Lomami et Lualaba : Note d’informations humanitaires du 24 mars 2017
- WFP Mise à jour de la situation des prix des denrées alimentaires de base sur les marchés couverts par le programme mVAM dans la zone de Goma Marchés Alanine, Birere, Virunga et camp de déplacés de Mugunga 3 (Nord -Kivu, RDC)
- OCHA Bas-Uele, Haut-Uele, Ituri & Tshopo : Note d’informations humanitaires no 3 (15/3/2017)
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
Press release 56/2017 27 March 2017
By decision of Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Kai Mykkänen, Finland’s humanitarian aid will amount to EUR 61.4 million, of which approximately EUR 20 million will be channelled to the famine-hit countries in the Horn of Africa and to Nigeria and Yemen.
ROME, ITALY – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed a donation of US$6 million from the Republic of Korea that will allow WFP to enhance innovative food security monitoring systems in ten countries in Africa, enabling the organization to hear directly from people in need. The funding was raised through Korea’s air-ticket solidarity levy, which is collected from each international flight passenger departing Korea. Known as the “Global Disease Eradication Fund,” it is part of Seoul’s commitment to ending global disease, poverty and hunger.
Crop-destroying caterpillars, known as armyworms, have destroyed 63,000 hectares of maize in south-eastern Democratic Republic of Congo since December, causing local maize prices to triple. The 63,000 hectares represent 80 percent of maize production in Haut Katanga province.
Avec l’intensification de la riposte régionale d’urgence à la flambée, 116 millions d’enfants vont être vaccinés sur tout le continent
23 mars 2017 – Genève/Brazzaville/New York/Dakar : Plus de 190 000 vaccinateurs dans 13 pays d’Afrique de l’Ouest et d’Afrique centrale vont vacciner plus de 116 millions d’enfants la semaine prochaine pour faire disparaître le dernier bastion de la poliomyélite sur ce continent.
62 countries - representing almost two-thirds of the world's population - still recognise only female victims of rape
By Anna Pujol-Mazzini
LONDON, March 23 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Sexual violence against men in conflict-torn countries from Syria to the Democratic Republic of Congo is an "invisible" crime, with victims reluctant to speak out for fear of being ostracised and mocked, researchers said.
116 million children to be immunized from coast to coast across the continent, as regional emergency outbreak response intensifies
23 March 2017 – Geneva/Brazzaville/New York/Dakar: More than 190 000 polio vaccinators in 13 countries across west and central Africa will immunize more than 116 million children over the next week, to tackle the last remaining stronghold of polio on the continent.
- UNHCR distributes relief items to IDPs in Western Bahr el Ghazal: In Wau, UNHCR distributed non-food items (NFIs) to 4,483 most vulnerable IDPs including 1,175 at Nog-lima, 1,262 at Ngisa 2,046 at the Episcopal Church (ECS) of Sudan premises outside Wau town. NFIs included dignity kits for women of reproductive age, pieces of soap, secondhand clothes, jerry cans, and buckets. This intervention comes after the government granted access to the Baggari area, which has been inaccessible to aid agencies since 2016.
In Ouaka Prefecture, FPRC coalition has taken control of the most important UPC strongholds outside Bambari. The UNICEF-led RRM is responding to the displacement all around Bambari area. UNICEF Bambari and humanitarian actors in place set a Contingency Plan covering at least 15,000 additional IDPs.
Les Fonds de Financement Communs Pays (CBPF) permettent aux organisations humanitaires d’apporter une assistance rapide et efficace à ceux qui en ont le plus besoin. Ils permettent aux Gouvernements et aux donateurs privés de mettre en commun leurs ressources pour répondre à des crises spécifiques, qu’il s’agisse d’une catastrophe naturelle ou d’un conflit armé.
FONCTIONNEMENT DES CBPF
The International Refugee Rights Initiative (IRRI) is responding to the call for information about humanitarian responses to forced displacement in Central and East Africa.
This brief summarizes FEWS NET’s most forward-looking analysis of projected emergency food assistance needs in FEWS NET coverage countries. The projected size of each country’s acutely food insecure population is compared to last year and the recent five-year average. Countries where external emergency food assistance needs are anticipated are identified. Projected lean season months highlighted in red indicate either an early start or an extension to the typical lean season.
At the World Humanitarian Summit (WHS) in Istanbul in May 2016, global leaders came together to express their commitment to place people at the centre of decision-making and action. In doing so, they reaffirmed that the scale of current humanitarian issues required greater international cooperation. The Summit triggered a major shift in how the global community will work closer together to prevent and respond to human suffering.
THE ROAD TO A NEW WAY OF WORKING…
The Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) was responsible for 14 attacks in January 2017 in which they abducted 59 civilians, the highest monthly abduction total since September 2016. However, the 59 abductions in January 2017 was a sharp reduction compared to January 2016, when LRA forces abducted 171 civilians.
- The present report is submitted pursuant to Security Council resolution 2277 (2016), in which the Council requested me to report on the implementation of the commitments under the Peace, Security and Cooperation Framework for the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Region.
It covers developments since the issuance of my report of 4 October 2016 (S/2016/840) and provides information on peace and security developments in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Great Lakes region until 28 February 2017.