- OCHA Bulletin humanitaire R.D. Congo - Numéro 5 | 12 octobre 2016
- OCHA Fonds Humanitaire RDC - Rapport Trimestriel (avril à juin 2016)
- OCHA Sud-Kivu : Note d’informations humanitaires no 16/16 (14/10/2016)
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2016
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier - Décembre 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Revised South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (Jan-Dec 2016)
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
IN 2015, ACTION AGAINST HUNGER’S GLOBAL NETWORK SERVED 14.9 MILLION PEOPLE IN 47 COUNTRIES.
Nigeria faces immense humanitarian and protection challenges due to the ongoing insurgency in the North East. The conflict has caused grave human rights violations, impacting particularly on the most vulnerable civilians. As of August 2016, there are 2,093,030 persons internally displaced in the North East and North Central regions, with 83% of the displacements originating from Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States as a result of the insurgency.
Guatemala, 12 de Octubre 2016
Fuente: Diario de Centro America
Autoridades de Guatemala han interceptado en 2016 a 1 mil 602 migrantes supuestamente africanos, una cifra considerablemente superior a los 13 detectados en todo 2015, informó este martes una fuente oficial.
Fernando Lucero, portavoz de la Dirección General de Migración de Guatemala, dijo que desde enero se incrementó el paso de africanos que recorren el territorio centroamericano con la intención de llegar a Estados Unidos.
As we write this, Africa is suffering from the strongest El Niño it has faced in decades, causing major floods and droughts throughout Africa, leading to rising economic losses and major impacts on the lives and livelihoods of millions across the continent. Countries across the continent are declaring states of emergency, and are calling on the international community for support.
Relief agencies scale up cholera response efforts following CARG declaration of cholera outbreak
IPC analysis in August indicates increase in food-insecure population from 1.7 million to 2 million people
Insecurity—including clashes among armed groups and attacks against humanitarian personnel and assets—in Central African Republic (CAR) continues to result in population displacement and hinder the delivery of life-saving humanitarian assistance.
The IFRC Central Africa multi-country cluster support team based in Yaoundé provides support to National Red Cross Societies in six countries: Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Democratic Republic of the Congo ( DRC), the Congo Republic (RoC) and Sao Tome & Principe. We also provide technical support to the Central African Red Cross Society and to other National Red Cross Societies in the continent for specific events and emergency operations when needed.
225.5 M required for 2016
38.0 M contributions received, representing 17% of requirements
187.4 M funding gap for the Central African Republic Situation
As of 30 September 2016, UN-coordinated appeals and refugee response plans within the Global Humanitarian Overview (GHO) require US$22 billion to meet the needs of 95 million humanitarian crisis-affected people in 40 countries. Together the appeals are funded at $9.4 billion, leaving a shortfall of $12.6 billion.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, and delegations from African countries as well as the African Union, agreed today on final steps to end the protracted Rwandan refugee situation after seven years of negotiations.
This ministerial meeting, hosted by UNHCR in Geneva, marks the last phase of a comprehensive solutions strategy for Rwandan refugees who fled their country between 1959 and 1998 to escape inter-ethnic violence and armed conflict.
Faits saillants: Zoom sur l’alerte choléra au Congo Brazzaville (22/09/2011)
225.5 M required for 2016
36.5 M contributions received, representing 16% of requirements
188.9 M funding gap for the Central African Republic Situation
- 2 million people food insecure in C.A.R. (40% of the population of the country)
- 450,000 refugees in neighbouring countries
- In C.A.R, the number of people in need of life-saving assistance increased from 1.7 million people in December 2015 to 2 million people in August 2016.
- WFP provided food assistance to 323,654 people in C.A.R, 166,815 in Cameroon, 45,282 people in DRC, 18,125 in RoC and 10,361 in Chad.
- Cholera cases are detected in C.A.R. region.