- OCHA : RD Congo: Nord-Kivu : Note d’informations humanitaires No 30 du 24 novembre 2015
- OCHA : RD Congo – Province Orientale, Note d’informations humanitaires no 24 (18/11/2015)
- HRW: Our school became the battlefield - Using schools for child recruitment and military purposes in Eastern DRC EN / FR
Appeals & Funding
- 2015 Aperçu des besoins humanitaires
- Plan de réponse humanitaire 2015
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2015 PDF XLS
On estime que 15,8 millions de personnes sont désormais sous traitement contre le VIH, soit deux fois plus qu’il y a cinq ans, tandis que les pays adoptent la Stratégie d’accélération à l’aide de données permettant d’affiner la prestation des services de prévention et de traitement du VIH afin d’atteindre les personnes laissées pour compte
A total of 221,375 Burundian refugees and asylum-seekers have arrived in the neighbouring countries of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), the United Republic of Tanzania, Rwanda, as well as Uganda and Zambia since April 2015.
Countries adopt UNAIDS Fast-Track Strategy to double number of people on life-saving HIV treatment by 2020
An estimated 15.8 million people are now on HIV treatment, a doubling from five years ago, as countries adopt the UNAIDS Fast-Track Strategy using data to fine-tune delivery of HIV prevention and treatment services to reach people being left behind
Abnormal rainfall patterns during 2014/2015 have contributed to a spike in food insecurity, which is currently affecting at least 27.4 m people regionally (and this excludes Angola, which has yet to publish official figures; and Madagascar, which did not present to SADC, but where 1.9 m people are food insecure, of which 460,000 people are severely so). In Malawi and Zimbabwe, 2.8 m and 1.5 m people are food insecure respectively.
Elevated risks of flooding in Kenya, South Sudan, and Somalia
Africa Weather Hazards
Persistent belowaverage rainfall since August over several areas of Ghana, Togo, and Benin has led to strong moisture deficits and a degradation of ground conditions. However, Increased rainfall since October has significantly improved ground conditions.
Several consecutive weeks of above-average rainfall has increased the risk for flooding in the White Nile, Jonglei, and Eastern Equatorial provinces of South Sudan.
Regional needs expected to increase with 2015/16 El Niño
Below-average early-season rainfall expected to continue in southern Africa
Africa Weather Hazards
Persistently belowaverage rainfall since August over several bimodal areas of Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin, and Nigeria has led to strong moisture deficits and a degradation of ground conditions. Increased rainfall since October has resulted in improved ground conditions in the region.
- A total of 209,619 Burundian refugees and asylum-seekers have arrived in the neighbouring countries of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), the United Republic of Tanzania, Rwanda, as well as Uganda and Zambia since April 2015. The situation in Burundi remains volatile with continued incidents of sporadic violence in the country. While ccertain parts of the country have been spared by the violence, grenade attacks and clashes between opposition groups and the Government continue to occur on a regular basis in the capital.
Welcome to the October issue of the Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project’s (ACLED) Conflict Trends report. Each month, ACLED researchers gather, analyse and publish data on political violence in Africa in realtime. Weekly updates to realtime conflict event data are published on the ACLED website, and are also available through our research partners at Climate Change and African Political Stability (CCAPS).
Geneva - The Angolan Social Welfare minister, João Baptista Kussumua, said Monday in Geneva (Switzerland) that 523.318 Angolan citizens have voluntarily returned home, as part of the refugee repatriation process.
The minister was addressing the 66th session of the Executive Committee of the High Commissioner of Refugees (HCR) that opened Monday in Geneva.
João Kussumua stressed that the figure is the result of an assessment for the period from July 2003 to September 2015.
On 2 October 2015, a Ministerial meeting was convened at UNHCR Headquarters in Geneva to discuss the state of implementation of the Comprehensive Solutions Strategy for Rwandan Refugees and to review key issues and the way forward in bringing the strategy to its conclusion.