- Top humanitarian official calls for “more, sustained attention” to crisis in Katanga
- WFP Ebola Emergency Preparedness and Response Update #5
- Operation Likofi: Police Killings and Enforced Disappearances in Kinshasa EN / FR
Appeals & Funding
- Plan de Réponse Stratégique pour la République démocratique du Congo 2014
- Central African Republic Revised Regional Response Plan January - December 2014
- DRC Pooled Fund
Mr. President, Distinguished Members of the Human Rights Council, Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,
Geneva, 10 September 2012
I would like to begin by expressing sympathy with the victims and families of those who have lost their lives or been injured as a result of the earthquakes in China and the bombings across Iraq.
Greece: Migrants Describe Fear on the Streets New Government Should Act to Prevent, Punish Xenophobic Attacks
(Athens, July 10, 2012) – The Greek authorities are failing to tackle a rising wave of xenophobic violence that has left migrants afraid to walk the streets, Human Rights Watch said in a report released today.
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Kris Janowski - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.