- OCHA: Provinces du Bas-Uele, Haut-Uele, de l’Ituri et la Tshopo - Note d’informations humanitaires no 3 (11/2/2016)
- Amnesty Int'l: "This is what we die for": Human rights abuses in the Democratic Republic of the Congo power the global trade in cobalt EN/FR
- Political Tensions, Mounting Human Rights Incidents Could Lead to Violence in DR Congo, Security Council Warned, 14 Jan 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2016
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier - Décembre 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2015 PDF XLS
UNITED NATIONS (Aug. 18) XINHUA - U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan has appointed General Abdulsalami Abubakar of Nigeria as his special envoy dealing with the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), U.N. spokesman Manoel de Almeida e Silva announced Friday.
Annan intends to send Abubakar, former head of state of Nigeria to the subregion within the next few days to "make clear once more " the position of the Security Council and the role of the U.N. Mission to the DRC, known as the MONUC, Almeida e Silva said.