- IPI: The Intervention Brigade - Legal Issues for the UN in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Top humanitarian official calls for “more, sustained attention” to crisis in Katanga EN / FR
- WFP Ebola Emergency Preparedness and Response Update #5
Appeals & Funding
- Plan de Réponse Stratégique pour la République démocratique du Congo 2014
- Central African Republic Revised Regional Response Plan January - December 2014
- DRC Pooled Fund
UNITED NATIONS (Aug. 18) XINHUA - U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan has appointed General Abdulsalami Abubakar of Nigeria as his special envoy dealing with the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), U.N. spokesman Manoel de Almeida e Silva announced Friday.
Annan intends to send Abubakar, former head of state of Nigeria to the subregion within the next few days to "make clear once more " the position of the Security Council and the role of the U.N. Mission to the DRC, known as the MONUC, Almeida e Silva said.