- Amnesty Int'l: "This is what we die for": Human rights abuses in the Democratic Republic of the Congo power the global trade in cobalt EN/FR
- Political Tensions, Mounting Human Rights Incidents Could Lead to Violence in DR Congo, Security Council Warned, 14 Jan 2016
- OCHA :Lualaba, Haut – Katanga, Haut – Lomami, Tanganyika: Note d’informations humanitaires, Janvier 2016)
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2016
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier - Décembre 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2015 PDF XLS
By Anita Ashaba & Rachael Mugoya
Heavy fighting erupted on the night of Thursday May 26, 2011 after unknown gunmen attacked a village of Burasi parish in neighboring Congo forcing hundreds of people to flee to Rwebisengo Sub County in Bundibugyo District.
According to the Border Internal Security Officer, it is believed that about 254 people crossed into Uganda and more than 1000 are expected to cross over due to the fighting that is still going on in Congo.