- Top humanitarian official calls for “more, sustained attention” to crisis in Katanga EN / FR
- WFP Ebola Emergency Preparedness and Response Update #5
- Operation Likofi: Police Killings and Enforced Disappearances in Kinshasa EN / FR
Appeals & Funding
- Plan de Réponse Stratégique pour la République démocratique du Congo 2014
- Central African Republic Revised Regional Response Plan January - December 2014
- DRC Pooled Fund
By Anita Ashaba & Rachael Mugoya
Heavy fighting erupted on the night of Thursday May 26, 2011 after unknown gunmen attacked a village of Burasi parish in neighboring Congo forcing hundreds of people to flee to Rwebisengo Sub County in Bundibugyo District.
According to the Border Internal Security Officer, it is believed that about 254 people crossed into Uganda and more than 1000 are expected to cross over due to the fighting that is still going on in Congo.