- OCHA: Complex Emergency in the Kasai region, DR Congo Situation Report No. 3 (20 April 2017) (EN/FR)
- OCHA Haut-Katanga, Haut-Lomami et Lualaba : Note d’informations humanitaires du 12 avril 2017
- UNICEF DRC Kasai Humanitarian Update No. 2, 17 April 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
By Anita Ashaba & Rachael Mugoya
Heavy fighting erupted on the night of Thursday May 26, 2011 after unknown gunmen attacked a village of Burasi parish in neighboring Congo forcing hundreds of people to flee to Rwebisengo Sub County in Bundibugyo District.
According to the Border Internal Security Officer, it is believed that about 254 people crossed into Uganda and more than 1000 are expected to cross over due to the fighting that is still going on in Congo.