- OCHA Regional Outlook for the Horn of Africa and Great Lakes Region: Recommendations for Humanitarian Action and Resilience Response - Jan-Mar 2017
- Report of the Secretary-General on the implementation of the Peace, Security and Cooperation Framework for the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Region (S/2017/208) EN/FR
- OCHA: Bas-Uele, Haut-Uele, Ituri & Tshopo : Note d’informations humanitaires no 3 (15/3/2017
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier 2017 - Décembre 2019
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan–Dec 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
TITLE=ZAIRE / ETHNIC CLEANSING (L)
By CHRIS TOMLINSON Associated Press Writer
TITLE=ZAIRE VIOLENCE (S & L-RERUN)
This report includes: A) General B) Liberia
and Sierra Leone C) Burundi, Rwanda, Zaire and Tanzania D) Somalia E) Mozambique
F) CIS - Russian Federation (Chechnya).
From B. Szynalski, Director, Operational Policy and Support Division. For information regarding resources, donors are requested to contact Ms. B. Karlstrom Dorph, Director, Resources Division, WFP Rome (Ph. 39 6 5228 2500)
PART I - HIGHLIGHTS
TITLE=ZAIRE / REFUGEES (L ONLY)
VOICED AT: NOT VOICED
Injury: serious death
Comments: A truck exploded after hitting a mine in refugee-swamped eastern Zaire, reported Reuters. Twp people were killed
and one wounded. The truck was travelling the main route from Goma to Rutshuru said a local official.
Injury: serious death
TITLE=U-N / ZAIRE / RWANDA (L ONLY)
From Segun Adeyemi; Pana Correspondent
3000 Ethnic Tutsi Surrounded by Attackers
Contact: Jeff Drumtra
On May 23, the Secretary-General decided to dispatch a DHA-led humanitarian mission to Masisi, Zaire. The mission is expected to leave on May 30, with the participation of the concerned UN agencies, in particular UNHCR and UNICEF. It will hold consultations with the Government of Zaire, and will carry out an assessment of the humanitarian needs of those affected, review coordination arrangements among all humanitarian partners, prepare contingency plans for emergency responses and mobilize the necessary resources from the government and the international community.
From Segun Adeyemi; PANA Correspondent
NAIROBI, Kenya (Reuter) - Unidentified attackers have killed about 100 Tutsis of Rwandan origin in eastern Zaire and at least 3,000 more are surrounded in two villages and likely to be massacred, an international aid agency said Wednesday.
From Ferdinand Bigumandondera; PANA Correspondent
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees,
Office of the Special Envoy, Kigali
DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS
INTEGRATED REGIONAL INFORMATION NETWORK
PO Box 30218 Nairobi Kenya
Tel: +254 2 441125
Fax: +254 2 448816
The ICRC has supplied emergency aid for 14,000 newly displaced people in the Rutshuru area, east of Masisi (Zaire). More than 50,000 displaced people had already arrived recently in the area, where conflict has flared between Zairian tribes and people of Rwandan origin who have lived there for many years.
ICRC News 96/18