- UNHCR : Cameroun : Weekly Notes #94, 10– 23 juillet
- OCHA Cameroun Bulletin humanitaire Numéro 001 | Juillet 2017
- UNICEF Cameroon Humanitarian Situation Report - June 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire 2017-2020
- 2017 Sahel - Overview of humanitarian needs and requirements EN FR
- 2017 Lake Chad Basin Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview EN FR
- Nigeria Situation 2017 Supplementary Appeal Jan-Dec 2017 (Rev Jul 2017)
- Nigeria Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan-Dec 2017
- Lake Chad Basin crisis: Response strategy (2017–2019)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Cameroon: Measles and Cholera Outbreaks - Nov 2015
- Cameroon: Floods - Sep 2014
- Cameroon: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2014
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Cameroon/Equatorial Guinea: Polio Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Cameroon: Floods - Oct 2013
- Cameroon: Floods - Aug 2012
- Cameroon: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
ProCap aims to strengthen the collaborative response of protection agencies and non-protection mandated organisations. To do this, it deploys senior personnel with proven protection expertise at field, regional and global operations and trains mid-level protection staff from standby partners and humanitarian organisations. The Project objectives and activities are guided by the 2014-2016 ProCap Strategy.
Project Governance / Management
179.5 M required for 2017
41.1 M contributions received, representing 23% of requirements
138.3 M funding gap for the Nigeria situation
All figures are displayed in USD
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is launching a supplementary appeal for an additional US$9.5 million to scale up its activities in north-east Nigeria, as a result of an unexpected surge in self-organized returns of Nigerian refugees since the beginning of the year, mainly from Cameroon.
The weekly incidences have continued rising and are well-above the ones of 2016 and 2015. This is due to a high transmission in DR Congo (province of North Kivu with impressive outbreaks in Goma, Kirotshe and Nyirango; provinces of Kinshasa and Kongo Central) and the resurgence of cholera outbreaks in Nigeria (Kwara state and more recently Zamfara).
La situation sécuritaire dans la région de l’Extrême-Nord demeure préoccupante. La soirée du 21 juillet a été marquée par une attaque kamikaze à Dabanga dans le département du Logone et Chari faisant deux morts (le kamikaze et un membre du comité de vigilance) et quatre blessés. La situation sécuritaire semble plutôt apaisée dans le département du Mayo-Sava. Les autorités appellent à toujours plus de vigilance.
Mission du Haut-Commissaire Assistant du HCR au Cameroun
Le HCR, l’Agence des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés, lance un appel de fonds supplémentaire pour un montant additionnel de 9,5 millions de dollars afin d’intensifier ses activités au nord-est du Nigéria, en raison d’une hausse subite des retours spontanés de réfugiés nigérians depuis le début de l’année, principalement en provenance du Cameroun.
In several areas of the region, food prices have begun to seasonally rise as household stocks decline and market demand increases. The lean season is expected to further exacerbate the food crisis, and the rainy season will limit humanitarian access by drastically impacting road deliveries.
At a glance
3.7 million people of concern as of end of June 2017
202 individuals (INDs) arrived at Bama during the reporting period. These include 62 INDs who arrived at Banki Camp from Mura in Cameroon, 56 INDs who arrived at Banki Camp from neighbouring wards in Bama, 34 INDs who arrived at Banki Camp from Jere LGA and 50 INDs who arrived at General Hospital Camp from Abbaram and Wasala wards in Bama.
41 INDs arrived at Chibok Whuntaku from Korongilum ward of Chibok LGA
• Recent increases in oil revenues are driving Nigeria’s economy out of recession gradually as major economic indicators continue to improve (increased foreign reserve levels and declining inflation) (Figures 1, 2, and 3). The 2017Q1 GDP also stood at -0.52 percent compared to -1.73 percent of 2016Q4.
Prolonged insecurity in the north- east of Nigeria has caused ongoing displacement with about 1.7 million internally displaced people (IDP) across three most affected states - Adamawa, Borno and Yobe. Recent assessments indicate slightly more than 1,000,000 IDPs living in host communities. Some 207,000 people have fled to neighbouring Cameroon, Chad and Niger to seek safety from violence and unrest.
94.2 M required for 2017 including special situations
19.6 M contributions received, representing 21% of requirements
74.6 M overall funding gap for Cameroon
All figures are displayed in USD